Information for Organisations
Maximising Your Organisation’s Whole Brain
“Whole Brain Thinking® has given our managers a critical new method for improving business planning, strengthening their teams and boosting efficiency.”
- Jerry Smith, Field Manager, Microsoft
Are inefficiencies plaguing your organisation? Is your team losing focus? Are useful new ideas and products currently at a standstill? Herrmann International’s proven Whole Brain® Thinking principles can help make your organisation more productive, creative, and profitable.
Herrmann’s Whole Brain® Thinking methodology is the set of proven practices for cultivating the ability for individuals to act outside of their own preferred thinking styles. It can help your organisation to:
- Build effective teams
- Develop leaders and managers with integrative, nimble thinking skills
- Create an innovative business strategy to solve a revenue problem
- Manage mergers and acquisitions
- Initiate organisational culture change
- Develop a customer service strategy based on customer preferences
- Increase job satisfaction and decrease turnover
- Solve a product or revenue problem
- Improve your decision making, problem solving, and planning skills
- Differentiate your organisation from the competition
- Innovate more consistently and effectively
The Herrmann® Approach: Getting the Whole Brain® Advantage
Getting the Whole Brain® Advantage means realising the benefits of Whole Brain® Thinking at every level and with every interaction in the organisation – both internally, with individuals and among colleagues, leaders, teams and supervisor/subordinate relationships, as well as externally with customers, consumers, vendors, shareholders and the public at large.
From our three decades of research and working with many of the world’s most successful and innovative companies, we have found that getting the Whole Brain® Advantage is an ongoing process, and depending on the organisation’s goals, business issues, competitive landscape and structure, the process may follow different paths; however, a successful approach is built on a consistent overarching framework that addresses the needs of:
- Individuals – Improving performance and effectiveness at the individual level starts by having individuals, pairs and teams complete the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument® (HBDI®), which assesses thinking preferences, and learn foundational Whole Brain® Thinking concepts and skills.
- Groups – Specific group objectives are addressed (e.g., communication, team building, process improvement, creativity) through workshops, consulting and tailored solutions with the goal of helping people learn to think with their whole brains, not just with the parts with which they feel most comfortable. Divisions such as sales, customer service and research & development learn how to utilise Whole Brain® Thinking to solve a specific problem or improve a process.
- Organisations – Talent is developed and aligned more effectively to achieve strategic goals through strategic planning sessions and consulting services. For complex organisational change initiatives, including mergers & acquisitions and vision/values rollout, Whole Brain® Thinking sessions and tools are used to establish a cultural framework that improves the process, communication, alignment and commitment to change.
- Customers/The Community/The World – Through specific workshops and exercises, organisations gain new insights into the preferences of customers and potential markets, improving product design, marketing results, sales negotiations and competitive positioning. Design tools and resources enable instructional designers, facilitators, training & development and workplace performance professionals to develop learning solutions based on an understanding of thinking and learning styles to engage learners and achieve learning results that last.
Paths to Implementing the Whole Brain® Advantage
|Level I Foundation (Individuals)||Assessment:
||Use of Whole Brain Thinking® as a diagnostic tool for improvement at an individual level.|
|Level II Application (Pairs, Teams, Groups)||Assessment:
||Applying Whole Brain Thinking® to pair, group and team issues for improved performance.|
|Level III* Adoption (Groups, Internal and External)||Assessment:
||Broad Improvement through adoption of Whole Brain® processes with a strategic focus on performance in a division or across a management level.|
|Level IV* Transformation (Organisation)||Assessment:
||Execution of a transformation strategy across the organisation, systematically integrating Whole Brain Thinking® for improved results.|
* Indicates a product under development
Better Results Through Whole Brain® Thinking
See how a large international consulting firm integrated Whole Brain® Thinking into its long-range employee training program, and learned to leverage all types of thinking styles to improve productivity, creativity and profitability.
View Case Study